- Red or pink poster board (or purchase cardboard valentines)
- Scissors, pencil, heart shape for tracing
- Trace heart on posterboard to make one for each child. Hearts may be any size from 6-10 inches.
- Cut each heart into a variety of pieces, jigsaw style. They don't have to be the same.
- As you cut each heart, place the pieces in a plastic zip-style bag.
- Give each child a bag with heart pieces.
- On 'Go', the children take out their heart pieces and construct their heart. (It's not as easy as it seems!)
- First one finished raises his hand.
- This can be played competitively or simply as a fun activity.
Use easy pieces for kindergarten kids. Cut smaller pieces for kids up to about grade 3.