One of the most fun winter activities you can do as a family is to set aside some time to do some crafts with kids. And a great craft idea is to make some Christmas crafts with kids with which you can decorate your home for the holidays.
This poinsettia flower craft is an elegant idea that is easy and fun to create with kids, and one they'll love sharing and proudly putting up on display, either as individual flowers or as part of a poinsettia wreath.
To make poinsettia flowers, you will need the following:
- 5 sheets of 8 1/2" x 11" red card stock paper
- 5 sheets of 8 1/2" x 11" whitecard stock paper
- 3 sheets of 8 1/2" x 11" green card stock paper
- colored reinforcements (shiny if available)
- brass fasteners
- hole puncher
- red ribbon (optional--for hanging poinsettias)
NOTE: If you only want to make one color of poinsettias--either just white or just red--then skip the color you don't want. Follow directions for only one color poinsettias in the following steps.