Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon of Kosher salt or sea salt
- 1 small scallion (optional)
- 10- or 12-inch frying pan
- 1 teaspoon of canola oil (for pan)
1. Heat the frying pan over a very low flame.
2. Scramble the eggs with a whisk or a fork until slightly frothy.
3. Slice the white part of the scallion lengthwise into two long pieces. Chop the white and green parts of the scallion into into small, thin pieces. Add to the eggs.
4. Add salt and whisk until combined.
5. Add canola oil to the pan and pour the eggs slowly until it spreads out to form a large circle. Let the eggs cook for 30 seconds or until the eggs begin to firm up a bit.
6. Using a spatula, slowly lift a small section of one side of the egg and fold it over. Repeat until you have rolled the entire circle of egg into a long folded flat log.
7. Let cook 3 to 4 minutes more on each side.
8. Let cool and then slice the log crosswise into 1/2 inch pieces.