Are you looking for the perfect family activity? Want to get your child off the couch and away from the TV? Would you like to see your child's confidence and self-esteem grow and at the same time strengthen your bond with your child?
Hiking and camping as a family will bring all these benefits plus so much more. If you share this activity in your family, you know just what I mean. If you haven't, well this is your chance to learn where to go and what to take near your home to get started.
This page is for beginners. I have to confess that my children and I have not advanced to actually camping overnight. Frankly, I'm not confident enough yet to camp-out alone with my children. We stay at a lodge or resort then take short hikes nearby. This works out perfectly for us because we have the comfort of a nice vacation along with the closeness and excitement of being out in nature together. Our goal is to do some real camping, though, and these sites will really help.
Camping, Hiking, & Backpacking Tips and Ideas
- Camping Advice, FAQ's, How To's, and Tips
- Pete's Family Camping Page
- Marv's Camping Tips
- Beginning In The Backcountry: A Guide for First-Timers and No-Timers
- Camping Gear and Tips from LL Bean
- Camp-a-Roo Family Camping Tips
- Family Camping Etiquette
- Camping Pointers, Tips, and Hints
- Canoe Camping with Kids
- Michigan Private Campground Directory - Camping Tips
- Family Camping Tips for Parents
- GORP Guide to Summer Camping
- Camp-a-Roo Car and Camp Games